Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Thursday, April 17, 2008

17 Apr 2008: Still The Hookup Queen...

...Still the Hookup Queen...

Some East Indian folks believe that if you consume a bit of honey and then ask for something you will have a honey-ed tongue and no one will be able to refuse anything you ask for. I like the idea of this.

I think that some people have a naturally honeyed tongue. One of them is my Mom...When mom was in the catering hustle she always got rock bottom prices and last minute requests with no problem at times things were even complimentary. I figured it was that manner in which she asked and that she was always ready to pay but always gave it a shot to see if the produce guy or butcher or suppliers would bottom the price out..

Every couple weeks we go out to dinner and then go on this movie buying blitz...We went to Sweet Tomatoes and then snatched up some movies...

---

My Choices:

Pistol Opera (japanese)

Dark Angel 1 (japanese)

Dark Angel 2 (japanese)

Julian's Choices:

Carlito's Way, boxed set

Don't Be a Menace to South Central...while drinkin' juice in the Hood.

---

LMFAOOOOOO!

I drove this time and hit a speed bump hella hard coz I was so excited to cop a copy of Pistol Opera and my FLAT indicator came on. I'm like WuuuuT. Julian just laughed. Well the guy at the dealer indicated that my front tires were a little off...40's instead of 45's. I just laughed and parked the car and told Julian I would take them to the tire place in the morning and let's just make some popcorn and watch our movies!

I went to the tire place around the corner and told Dude...My flat light indicator came on and the dealership told me you gave me the wrong tires. I even told the guy now I did purchase these last August and I would like the correct ones put on! So should I pay the difference or can we work something out.

Dude was very nice and showed them to the Manager...and turns out the manager probably slash/owners son is Korean...and he was lookin' at my paperwork...and I looked at him and said be nice Sean Oppa!!! He started laughing and said where did you learn that - I said my best friend! He said order new tires for her car and just charge her installation.

$30.50. That is what I paid. To get new tires put on and return tires that I'd already used for 9 months. And it's just in time for new tires since the weather is warming up and the asphalt will turn to an oven soon.

Lucky Lucky Me...

Genetic Honeyed Tongue.

----

When City Mama was here she wanted to go to AZ Bike Week because City Mama is a Harley Enthusiast and will soon have her own custom joint. As we were walking in a gentleman walked up to us and said you ladies going in there? We said yes...and he said here you go, 2 tickets for the married ladies...

That's 18 bucks a pop we saved.

---

This happens all the time...random free things coming our way!

Honey-ed Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment