Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Saturday, April 7, 2007

07 Apr 2007: Mental snacks and Mental Vomit

Just some light spewing. I don't have my digii cam cable so this will be uber short...By next week I'll go home to pick up clothes and the cable.
...My birthday dinner...
Last month was my birthday. We went to sushi on Mom even though she's overseas and that was in addition to 2 more gifts from her. It was my brother Rommel, my sister Keyla + her homie Xtina, My godbrother Leo, the fabulous Wendizzle + her best friend from Calie now rooted in the East Coast AND Julian and Myself. I have to say that we had trays upon trays brought to the table and when I say Trays I mean it. Everyone was in a jolly excited mood. I rarely use that word Jolly but it fit the dinner. We were recounting tales of how Mom used to crack us up as kids and how Rommel scared Keyla with her own damn Teddy Ruxpin (sp)!!! It was the first time that Julian really sat down with Rommel just to chill since they'd only met in passing once. I must say he did smashingly well just by being HIMSELF. I must say it is an extreme relief when your brother and sister like your new boyfriend and trust your smiling laughter as opposed to the disdain and disgust they had for my previous choice. Things are as they should be...Ironically, it felt so familiar even though it's all new .
I have to add that Mommy Mei also took me to Korean dinner (yuh, yay, yummy) and blessed me with a lovely gift certificate and love. Katie couldn't make it coz she was sick but still took the time to drop off a perfect gift of a blank journal and fabulous matching pen.

...Passing thought 1...
Being around my family, and Wendy and Mommy Mei (owns the dessert lounge) reminds me constantly of my upbringing. We were praised occasionally but moreso encouraged to improve and surpass ourselves.
I have constantly seen instances where children are being praised for their mediocre work. Newsflash people --- if you praise mediocre work then you produce a mediocre person. I don't feel that praise should be overemphasized when something done is basic or bare. I used to wonder why so many people are attention whores as opposed to stalwart faced go getters...it's because their parents didn't expect or want any better.
The people in my circle don't have a bigger brain...we were simply taught to utilize MORE of what we have. Harder classes, constantly good grades, 2nd languages, 3rd languages, learning musical instruments, church, "recreational" reading, only PBS tv, martial arts, sports, volunteer work, work for Mom Catering, work at the grandparents store, student activities, social activities, travelling and more travelling, watch your cousins, trim up the backyard, dress well, act well, have table manners, have sympathy and empathy, develop tolerance, supress your urge to misact...and many other things.
Mind you these things were in constant stream. It's not like we ever got breaks even as young children. If my paternal grandfather came over or we were there and sleeping in...he would wake us up and say,"Wake up, good fortune is passing you while you sleep. Hard working people have luck" It was a given that we constantly learn and still "act right" Because cutting up would equal getting your jacket adjusted while my smiled with her Kung Fu Glare sayin' "wait til I get your little ass in the car" in Filipino. Ah such a lovely fear.
But I'm grateful. Coz now adversity and challenge isn't shit. I'm so happy that I wasn't raised in mediocrity. When your head is "grown" life is much more straightforward. When you hustled from the stroller, adult grinding is just child's play. Yanno? I know the face of my family very well.
...Passing thought 2...
Yesterday in the lobby I noticed a white lady with 4 asian daughters. One of them saw me walk by with a cake and she was so fascinated with my eyes and dark skin. She walked up to me and said,"Hi." I smiled and said,"hello." She asked me,"Are you Asian..." I replied,"yes..." She was staring at my skin with fascination so I added,"God left me in the oven for awhile until I was done...I'm Filipino baby..." She smiled and went back to the table and bossed her sisters about. Bwaa hahhaa
I told Julian...of the 4 sisters --- THAT is the child who will have fire...
But my thought is this. I've been seeing it so often in the Phoenix Metro Area. Caucasians with Asian Baby's...Is it really possible for housecats to raise Tigers?
There are qualities that you are gifted by an Asian Mother...one of them is graceful societal maneuvering. Another of them is how to hustle and grind without sacrificing your feminine beauty...a favorite is how to love others by SHOWING it in actions as opposed verbal proclamatios...piety versus pimping...alliances versus acquaintances...untainted loyalty...unspoken language (this is the most valuable)...how to say NO even if you do love someone...the list goes on. A lot of these things you SEE in action and observe. You pay attention and absorb. You often have no clue until you ripen into your womanhood and then it is like light being shed on your head and suddenly you can parlay all that into game.
I'm sure in some capacity these couples feel they are making a contribution in some Global manner...but I don't like it and I don't think I ever will.
I won't speak any further on this until later.
...Passing thought 3...
Don't call me "sis" if you are just a pain in my ass. I don't treat my siblings flippantly and I'm not here to make their life harder. I just don't like it when people use that word as a buffer instead of telling themselves the truth...you ain't anybody's brother, you are barely a man. Don't mistake my propriety for actually liking you. Take that bullshit somewhere...coz if my brothers acted so poorly - I'd say hello with a bat.
...Passing thought 4...
If you must stare just say hello.
...Passing thought 5...
Don't go to In N Out Burger with 2 of your homies and wait in a long ass line at midnight only to reveal to your friends that you have no money. That ain't even broke no mo'...that's just BROKEN.
...Passing thought 6...
Don't hate on my tokidoki...I was getting coffee and the lady in front of me had a 9 year old daughter, a coach purse, and a pinky toe hangin off the side of her flipflops like a dog tryin' to get air out a moving car. Her daughter looked at me and I smiled and said,"hi Kiddo..." She smiled back and said,"OMG...is THAT a tokidoki..." I said yahhhh...Her mom turned and looked at me with this seething haterism. Her daughter said did you get it at Macy's...I said oh..my Mom got it for me. She smiled. Then I leaned forward and said,"How cool of my Mom huh...you should have YOUR mommy get you one a little one..." She's like "YEAHHH."
Hate on me...I'll hit you in your finances. Bwaa hahahha.
...Passing thought 7...
I'll be joining Wendizzle in some nightlife soon. Everything at work is manageable and easy and I can even cut the labor down until Mother's day. Here I come. It's short skirt season - bwaa hahhaa. We're gonna make people cry...it's gonna be so fun.
...Passing thought 8...
LA in May with my Korean Princesses
Chicago in June with my fabulous boyfriend
SF in July also with my fabulous boyfriend
>>> Did I mention I got a free plane ticket - hahahhaha <<<
...Passing thought 9...
Hold onto your hats...I'm going to church for Easter this year instead of working. I've worked every holiday for the last 2 years including 1 Christmas. I even got a dress and everything. You guys can't wait to see the pics huh.
...Passing thought 10...
Moving through uncharted waters unafraid is the only way to move...
Stopping to dance once a day is required living...
I now smile from the inside...

e.

No comments:

Post a Comment