Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Saturday, December 10, 2005

09 Dec 2005: Lost and Found

Freakin' Ridiculous...

As everyone has already figured out I deal with pastries cakes and gelato all day - well at least for 4 days of the week. Well Stuff gets left all the time...people just leave all kinds of stuff: jewelry, watches, flash drives, purses containing wads of money/prescription pills/ photos/ etc., cell phones, coats, sweaters, hoodies, last night it was acura keys and a blackberry...**shakes head** It's just baffling to me how people can leave all kinds of shit behind - one woman left her dry cleaning, briefcase and macy's bags from shopping and didn't come back for like 7 hours for it...this other woman left her daughter in the shop for 2 hours and came back and said, 'oh...there you are'...mind you - these are not some ghetto faboo bubbleheads...they ARE bubbleheads but they drive porsche cayennes and other such 5 figure vehicles. I mean come on, I can't believe that people would leave things much less their kiddos. The cafe next to us posted a sign that said if you leave your child unattended we will give them LOTS of espresso and gelato. Bwaa hahaha.

Hey if you wanna leave your man - just leave him in the lounge. At the end of the week if no one comes to claim him, they'll be taken to the compactor at no expense to yourself...

I have to admit each day is filled with small bliss. Last night i was fighting a fever and a cold yet today i hammered through work. People are so in love with edible Xmas decor --- I love how regardless of age, people get this childlike glint in their eye when they look at sugar trees hand forged out of icing...I still love to see couples who've been together for decades splitting a dessert as if it were their first date...I still love it when people look at chocolate concoctions and go oh wooooow --- oh yuuuuum...I still love it when people respect craft coz I'm sent out to explain something or take specifics on a cake...Today i was tempering waves of chocolate and a couple peered at me through the fishbowl doorway and i just smiled and kept on working. People are so fascinated with what I do because it implies playtime and enjoyment but requires concentration and skill...

I love what i do and i wouldn't change it. Someone once said to me yeah so what you make cakes and pretty things - as if it were insignificant. That shit doesn't fade me, because people say that they love their shit all day, but they don't pour the appropriate love and energy into it that they should. There will always be those greater and lesser than us, I will always just take pride in every beautified day.

meanwhile, the requests for cookies and fudge pour in...

No comments:

Post a Comment