Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Wednesday, January 4, 2006

04 Jan 2006: Flourless My Ass...

damn ur low carb allergies...

If they aren't on low carb this or that, then they are allergic to gluten. I'm tired of saying no to people regarding cakes so I'm working on a flourless vanilla cake and a flourless chocolate cake. I am tweaking the recipes so that they taste good with cold cakes, mousse cakes and gelato cakes. I'm so happy that I don't have food allergies because it doesn't hinder me from trying things. Although I do have to say this of mom and dad - they were geniuses. I am told that when I was a little kid I was violently allergic to eggs in all it's forms, fried, scrambled, boiled or cooked in. Mom and Dad have told me that when I was little if I even had a bite my eyes would swell up and shut like chinese dumplings - aka siumai...So everyday they would give me a tiny bite that would cause me some discomfort but eventually desensitized me. So I went through life not having to worry if there was egg in anything. I'm hella glad coz I love breakfast and brunch and a lot of my best times with friends and family surround breakfast and brunch.

Christmas went by peacefully and happily with both invited and impromptu guests. New Years was nutty and kewl but also went smoothly. I feel a bit numb to holidays. It seems like I can't get one foot out of the shop without the kids selling the cakes out. I'm really blessed, I shouldn't complain. Those cakes are not by any means cheap, but I certainly stay busy not only with custom orders but walk ins too. With all the pastry joints around - I'm still somehow in good shape. Sometimes customers call for me coz they want to see who makes the "edible art." They always say I've looked at these cakes and things many times and every time they are beautiful...they go on and on about how they are 'authentic' lol. uh yah right - Authentic Saucy mayuuuun. Of course, I play gracious as I would never want to embarrass the shop and I act very modest and thank them twice. When the 'admirers' are genuine it does make me a bit flustered...What do you say when they call them a work of art and they've been all over europe (oh honey haven't we all)...and these were by far their favourite. I don't want to seem aloof, and I want to genuinely interact with them. Because I've met many makers of things who are in their own world and are aloof to the interest and admiration of others which in turn makes them seem like ASSHOLES. I don't want to be an asshole --- I want my art infested chef clogs planted firmly on the ground.

It's Fommelyo's Birthday...He said last night I'm 29 again - I said damn straight muhfuqqa - be what you wanna be baby. hahahha.

My sisters...

I have 2 sisters and they are as different as different can be. Even when they were little they loved me very much and they still do. They still make me laugh and still express excitement at being near me. It will be fun when R---- moves here next year then the three of us can do shit together...

on Forgiveness...

Don't punish others needlessly, or punish yourself relentlessly. If there is anything you can do this year forgive someone or forgive yourself...it's a seeded gift. I guarantee you it will grow into something that yields a sweet fruit.

on Admiration...

I see this cat all the time. In the neighboring cafe...and he positions himself in front of the cake case which I am constantly looking at so I know what to put in there and what to remove. Each afternoon as I leave the shop, apparently I have a grin on my face because all kinds of people smile at me. I don't think it's a real smile, I think it's one of those audrey hepburn built in looks of genuine interest smirk things. Anyway, this guy must be in his late 30's, muscular, salt and pepper hair, but a european demeanor he's prolly italian. He's some kind of IT consultant coz he's always on the phone and laptop and I hear his verbiage, DLL GUI business requirements/sign off - all those things I used to speak when I was a project manager. Each time I walk out of the shop or grab my 4 neat espressos he always looks at me in this piercing but non creepy way. Last time I cut through the cafe he noticed the ring finger --- I wear a cocktail ring that came to me from my grandmother via my mom...it's not uber bling, but it's obvious - and I detected a little falling in his face as if he were disappointed - you know what that's the most flattering thing I've observed in a long time, at least from a stranger. Perhaps in his head he liked the idea of me bein' single. At least I know he's not a trifling bastard that pursues the taken.

i'm so sad about wootsin. he's my favouritest cat in the world

No comments:

Post a Comment