Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Saturday, June 10, 2006

10 Jun 2006: Scented Memories...

Today is Alyssa's Birthday, that's DJ Konradio's baby...Last year I did her cake. She requested anything with strawberries and chocolate. I did a strawberry cake with a chocolate ganache filling and whip cream style frosting. Then I topped it with some pretty roses and some chocolate dipped strawberries. That was a 5th birthday cake. You know it's hilarious --- everytime I smell Strawberry Cake baking I think of that kid. I have to say you must love a child's honesty - she once told me the peanut butter cookies I made needed more sugar but the chocolate chip ones were very very good. hahaha.

So it's almost 2am and here I am baking up pans and pans of cake for this kid. This year I'm being a bit more ambitious. I want to do a 3 tier cake of the same flavors but covered with fondant and little hippy flowers and stripes. Bwaa hahaha. I've got plenty of time. The party isn't until about 5-ish tomorrow...I know it's a bit excessive - but i'm gonna make it happen.

---

The scent of caramel popcorn reminds me of the ocean...

---

The scent of fresh ink just makes me happy and reminds me of afterschool days at the library in happy silence...

---

The scent rust reminds me of Manila...

---

Cold mint scents reminds me of my early ski trips...

---

The smell of gelato reminds me of Venice...

---

The steamy scent of ramen reminds me of HongKong...

---

I never knew the scent of dust until I moved to Arizona...

---

Issey Miyake reminds me of the ferry from Dover to Calais...

---

The scent of green mangoes remind me of Boracay Island...

---

The smell of hot pavement in the sunshine reminds me of vacation...

---

The scent of oak reminds me of after workout saunas...

---

Phisoderm makes me think of high school...

---

The milky scent of sleepy skin makes me smile..

---

How come I love the smell of new books and magazines but can't describe it...and sometimes when you lift the page of new book to your face it's almost like skin caressing your nose...

All kinds of smells that barrage you everyday...it's amazing that your brain can link smell to memory to location to people...just amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment