Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Wednesday, June 7, 2006

07 Jun 2006: Damn Dust Storms

The weather is just weird...I'm not feeling this dust storm shit - it really gives me the geebies to drive in dust storms...the lightning and rain doesn't bother me - although that trickle can hardly be called rain...It's really odd to walk to your car in 107 degree temps but the raindrops feel ice cold hitting your skin...odd. It's worse walkin' in pure dust - my contacts feel like razorblades in my skull. I don't like it.

So I was walkin' out of the shop...diggin through my stuff --- my brain was already far away and I could hear the quasi excited speech of a little teenage girl. She was talkin' about someone in her school to a group of boys (who of course wanna smash her cake) who did their best to appear attentive. She's just like any of those 15 year olds you see around super thin, assymetrically cut hair, a bit too thin and jeans riding low with heavy shoes...She was blathering on about a boy in her class. Someone who didn't 'have friends' or 'go out' and would rather be doing his own thing...and 'geez no one likes him'...The first thought in my head was - maybe he doesn't like any of you that's why he doesn't get in the mix with any of you. There prolly ain't shit wrong with that kid - he's quiet coz he can't stand your asses...of course it would never occur to her that she's annoying. What arrogance, such pitiful arrogance mixed with a useless desire to please and be popular. *urp* sorry i just puked in my mouth...

So there's raspberry and there's chocolate

and the two are still married...

Graduations are in Season...

All three of mine seem so long ago...

Congratulations Julie (my jujubean), Aly (my APC), Sam & BrittBratt (my two favourite cheerleaders ever and Erin (my favourite breaktime breaker) then there's my two favourite trouble makers, Nicole and Rachel...I'm sure you all will stalk me on your vacations home for treats and hugs...

Testing Testing 1 2 3

I've been testing different stuff. I like testing recipes and making adjustments and tracking everything. I must admit I'll never get tired of almond meringue cookies. My tastebuds were all euro-ed out from the different tortes I was making so I made a Peanut Butter Sandwhich...well uh...a Peanut Butter Gelato on poundcake with a bit of Raspberry chocolate ganache...The kids like it...I left it in the freezer to see how it would weather a couple days on ice or if I have to butter that hoe up a little more. It's a fun eat - that's for sure...I wish i had a pic of the kids faces after they tried it...

...tired now - head's swimmin...

fans squeakin...

and i sure could use a slurpee

but i'm too lazy to drive...

ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment