Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

25 Jul 2007: Chicago Photo Blog Part I

…Leavin' that 118 degree weather...

We took off to Chicago for an extended weekend…We worked every day up until we left and then stayed up until about 130 AM packing. I have to say that packing for 2 for both daytime and nighttime events is a challenge. We were up at 6am and packing the last of our thing and at the airport by 8 AM…

It's kinna annoying to strip down and strip your shoes and belt and watches off and shit.

Double Bloody Mary's right off the bat – WUT!



We got situated and settled into our seats with that nice "rosey glow"


If I'm in a good mood I like to watch people settling in…



We flew TED Air which is a version of United Airlines. I don't even know what that name TED means…is it for Ted Turner or just a shortened unknown acronym for united Airlines? When I was little I thought flight attendants were the most beautiful, nicest, glamorous chicks in the world, but ah the world has changed. Why the hell are their flight attendants older than shit? I've heard them referred to as Air Dinosaurs…the flight attendants that are wrinkled and shaped like Tyrannosaurus Rex with misshapen hips and little arms that don't quite reach. Bwaaa hahaha



Flying just isn't as "romantic" as it was. Okay okay I'm old school --- I like to travel dressed accordingly, sunglasses in hair, flight blanket draped and a quality carry on bag. Certain women travel a certain way and women who travel in style always give each other a nod of acknowledgement. Game recognize game – on an international level…

So we got our bags and waited on the curb for a cab


Then we took the cab to Chicago City Centre Hotel. Everyone was just super excited.



…I Saw U & Him Walkin' on the Pier, U were holdin' hands and drinkin' Beer…

We cracked our bags open and then caught a cab to the Navy Pier. Prior to leaving Julian talked to his Mom on the phone and let her know we were going to the pier…and she said don't forget to bring a jacket --- He smiled and said I won't Mom. I'm glad she reminded us because after sundown the chill kicked in. But I know this from bein' in San Francisco. Sam handed the dude a 50 to pay for the cab and the cabbie handed him back 53 bucks. It's nice to be tipped for being a passenger – haha. It was a beautiful day to visit the beer garden and listen to the live band jamming some soulful jazzy music floating over waterfront winds…


The sky was beautiful. Chicago was sitting at about 75 degrees super windy with bright sunshine and we were enjoying walkin' around and not feeling like you had a king kong size blow-dryer roasting you!



Of course you have to take funny pics when you see oversized stuff…

Big Anchors…

Letters and Hidden Wordetry…



Signage referring to your boyfriends Home State

I love the lady having a cigarette and her coffee on the bench. She really was trying not to laugh at Julian's antics! But who can resist his wackiness.


We made a quick stop @ Bubba Gumps for 4 appetizers and some beer. Even with a Schmarmy server with a bad attitude we still had a good time…

…Bugs like Crabs and Prawns…

Then it was back to the Hotel to have a drink, unpack some more clothing and take a quick nap. We were going to Joe's Snow Crab and Steak House. Now I didn't know this until after the fact – but April told me that there are only 3 Joe's Snow Crab joints in the country…Miami, Chicago and in Caesars' Las Vegas.


I had fallen asleep and Julian's little sister C Bug (+ her boyfriend Jimmy) had arrived at the hotel. I woke up to laughter and talking and said, "Why didn't anyone wake me up?" Julian laughed and said, "…coz you are sleepin' Bebe…" I finally met C Bug and I tell you nothing is more endearing to see a young woman smile like a little girl upon seeing her big brother! I also like how she called him on stuff like a little sister should. It turned out Julian was handing out some Act Right on the Rocks. Good Times Good Times.

So we take off to Joe's Snow Crab…I'm still in my travel clothes and the white windbreaker cut like a double breasted coat (thanks Kenneth Cole), C Bug is rockin' a dress shirt and tank with her jeans, her boyfriend is rocking a dress shirt and jeans, Sam is in a collared shirt and khaki's and Amanda is in a sexy backless thing with low slung black pants…and then you have Julian…white tee, Ecko track jacket and Ecko shorts and some sparkly KSwiss. Bwaa haaahhaha. We get there and the bar is full of people waiting to eat and the restaurant is full of eating people. I love the hum of a full restaurant. Sam goes to the Maitre'D and asks for a table for 6. The man says it will be a wait but they will call us…Amanda laughs and says be sure to call Big Poppa Sam! The Maitre'D laughs and says I sure will. So we lounge in the bar area…



I especially like this Maxi Priest haired dude…walkin' into the pic



Then walkin' into it AGAIN…with the whoops look on his face



Okay 1 more time…


You know after awhile…the guys were kinna like – UH are we underdressed? I'm like who cares! They look at me…I say," Well, if it was an issue the Maitre'D wouldn't seat us. Also, if there are 2 plasma's playin' the game in the bar it really isn't that formal is it?" So everyone was like Yeaaah F*** It…So they finally call Table for 6 ready for Big Poppa Sammy…Bwaa hahaha


Smiles and laughter all the way around



How bout some snow crabs & bone in steak…holla yummy


How bout blackened mahi mahi, rib eye and ginormous prawns

Plus all the yummy sides



After that we walked back to the Hotel. It was only a few city blocks and after a great dinner and a long day we figured a glass of wine at the hotel was best. Turns out room service didn't have the wine we wanted and it took them forever to call us back and let us know. Julian got a bit irate and then it was time for C Bug and Jimmy to leave so they could catch the train back. I think she actually warmed up to me by the end of the night. We just knocked out instead of futzing around the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment