Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

How to make Picadillo from Preps...aka "FAVORITE"

My one brother always said "Just make favorite." We always just called it "favorite" I actually went through my Filipino Cookbooks and found that it is actually called Picadillo which means to mince or chop. Everyone makes this differently. I find the older the person cooking it the rawer the beef and potatoes are. This is the way that we like it here.

I tell you what I made this almost everyday for a 12 yr old, 9 yr old, 6 year old that I babysat for a few weeks and they ate it like they had been starved for 3 weeks! The middle one was even having it for breakfast.

Ingredients:

1 pints ground beef (canned)
5 potatoes diced
1/2 large onion
5 cloves garlic
2 tbsp red chili flake
1 tsp basil or parsley
4 jalapeno (optional)
1 bell pepper (red or green)
1 cup peas and carrots (frozen or rehydrated)
2 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp oil


Dice potatoes and put in hot fryer or begin pan frying them. I do this so it's quicker to eat.

Start your rice. Start warming cast iron pan.

Mince garlic and onion and throw into pan.
Add Oil, red chili flake and basil.
Saute and Mix around.



While herbs are cooking mince the bellpepper and pop the beef open. Separate liquid from beef and reserve in separate bowl. Set out peas and carrots.










Keep it Moving and Add Beef.













Add Soy Sauce.

If you drink Fischer beer save the bottles they pop and seal! Perfect for reuse with Asian Sauces.

Keep it Moving...and Move heat to Medium High or High if you can handle it.





Add Potatoes
Add Peas and Carrots
Add Bellpepper
Add Jalapeno

Saute Saute Saute!








Add 2 squirts of ketchup or 6 oz of tomato sauce.












Serve over Rice with a side of...

MEATLOAF...that's in my next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment