Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Saturday, December 15, 2007

15 Dec 2007: Grimey and the KRS-1 recap

sigh...'tis the season to go out over and over and over again...

Grime and Wendy are such good friends to us. Somehow we always find time to break bread together and just be NATURAL people. When I say natural I mean just being ourselves outside of a club or venue environment. Well on Thanksgiving whilst Julian was passed ot with "ITIS" Grime insisted that we come to see him perform...plus antedote...plus dead prez and later plus krs-one. Well when we went to the dead prez gig we missed Antedote and Grime...so we made it a point to come well before Grime went on.

Once we got there it's all goodz...

Funny thing about this signage...is that KRS actually worked it into his freestyle that he was takin' that sign home!

Wendy showed up shortly thereafter...

We lingered around and said hello to everyone. I saw my wifey Gya...but only momentarily - she grabbed her cam and folded into the crowd...

Then Mr. T came on with Mr. Konradio...

Let me say first and foremost...That my friend has been on a non stop multi city duplocoast grind and has also been in and out of the recording studio and still manages to hand out linguistic lava. I say that without prejudice as I do have a crush on the new GUNS joint.

You cannot mistake the eyes of someone who loves what they do.

This is my favorite pic though...see below...

Grime wrapped up his set...pausing only to let everyone know that his cd and single were available FREE. Talk about payin' Hip Hop to have you. Let me tell you that show was 10 days ago and Julian has played it at least every day sayin' Grime's gonna make it. I said, "I know this." Julian says,"He has something to say and I like what he's sayin'..." I said,"I know that too"

During the lull in between sets...Julian had a few beers and I had a diet red bull. Empress Lee introduced me to the Fabulous Amy...

Then KRS One came on...

I stayed near Wendy because I'd had 10 hours on my feet already and didn't feel like being pressed into the crowd. Then Julian ran off and said I HAVE TO GET PICTURES. Wendy laughed and said,"He was Asian in his last life..." I laughed even harder and said,"Who you tellin?"

That man can wake up a crowd. No hypeman. No bullshit. No hooks or gimmicks. Just with his voice.

He said,"History is happening...right now..."

He spoke how years and years and years from now...history was already being taken with our camera's and phones and our minds. Decades of material and he was willing to freestyle til Dawn. Then he did this crazy thing where he put his KRS-1 tag on white tees and threw them to the crowd...all while freestyling - WUT! Then he called the other performers and bkids to the stage...

He advised the menfolk to repect women. Word.

He advised us all to respect what we do and do what we love while loving what we do...Yanno!

I guess the real hip hop is...oooover here.

Another great night.

Thank you to our friends...who encouraged us to participate in kinship...friendship and hiphopship...To enjoy a little night life because we work so very hard and love so very much. Seeing people who love what they do and work with deep dedication reminds me that my grind is proper.

Thank You...

No comments:

Post a Comment