Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Thursday, June 2, 2011

I'm not so kosher...but

Mom1 and Mom2 are taking off tomorrow and Sunday.

So today they wanted to run around and get a few things that are very hard to come by over there or are outrageously priced (see Cherries and Chocolate). The price for cherries today at Fry's Marketplace was $1.77/lb. The Mom's picked up 6 lbs - 2 to eat and 2 to take back each. I checked their canning section and they still haven't marked anything down - so I checked their clearance section.

However, they did have these Kosher goodies on sale.


The cake mix was only 25 cents...yeah you heard me - It used to be $1.75 - but since passover has come and gone it's a steal.















Supposedly it doesn't expire until next year but it doesn't have any animal or lactose products so in a pinch it's pretty good to have - plus it's frosting included...

These were made in NJ...








Next down the aisle was Matzo crackers. 5 1lb packs for $1. Yeah you heard me.

I was actually thinking about making some hard tac type crackers to just store up...but now I have 20 lbs of these to tide me over.

The regular price is like $6.88. Still horrendously cheap - but $1 is even better.



This is made in NY - so I chose this over the other brand that is from Israel. All I know is Mr. Man and I love crackers. Sometimes I even make these matzo type crackers dipped in chocolate then rolled in almonds.








Also - they had these mousetraps - $1 for a pkg of 4 traps.

You know what's funny - almost everytime you buy stuff for preps - it's almost always made in the US. If that ain't saying something you better talk to Helen Keller.

No comments:

Post a Comment