Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Deal of the Day...Ham On It!!!



I just LOVE the store Fresh and Easy.  Not just because they have coupons in their mailers but also because their store brand items have no high fructose, no nitrates and no nitrites.  They also have cool employees who are genuinely helpful no matter how busy they are.

I got an AD in the mail that said bone in ham 49 cents (limit 1) with any 30 dollar purchase.  I kept it in my purse so I wouldn't forget.  I had to do some purchasing today so I stopped in at Fresh n Easy because it was close to office depot (why is cash register tape and label tape so expensive - it really kind of freaked me out).  Anyway - I had 1 coupon for $3 off $30 or $10 off $50.  We really have a lot of stuff in the cupboards, pantry and freezer.  So this took me a lot longer than I expected to meet the $50 mark.  The only rule with the 49 cent ham was that the $30 minimum is pre ham purchases.  The other awesome thing today was it was no longer limit 1 - you could buy as many as you want!  Yay!

This is what I got.

39 lbs of ham...
5 lbs no additive bacon
1 lb peppered hard salami
2 lb broccolli florettes (fresh and ready to cook)
1 lb fresh green beans
1 container tofu
2 jars chinese mustard paste
2 jars pink himalayan salt
1 ready to eat garden salad
1 bag cinnamon sugar pita chips
3 large rolls 3 color metallic gift ribbon
3 christmas bags
10 lbs all purpose whole wheat flour
5 lbs c&H dark brown sugar
18 eggs
10 lbs potatoes
1 fresh pineapple

Including the ham - it rang up to 150.95 or something.  That kind of freaked me out.  So I snapped the coupon through and asked the attendant - can I repurpose these coupons?  she said sure as long as you meet the dollar amount - snap away.  I snapped the coupons through 3 times...then looked at the total - $60.44

Wow!  I'm so proud of myself!  The ham and bacon alone is worth more than what I paid.  I calculated and I paid like 20 bucks for the 3 ham.  Amazing - I'm going to do some canning tomorrow!  I might even go back on Monday and pick up their canning jars that are marked down and some of that organic bob marley brand coffee (very tasty - I like the buffalo soldier flavor)!  We will see.

I went by the shop today because they had called me to tell me that they had sold out of the Christmas cakes that I had made...I filled the case with about 9 theme cakes and 9 character cakes.  I finished 17 custom orders as well as 7 last minute orders (I rarely turn down a sale unless I dislike the person)...So I went in today and put in 4 snowmen and 1 elf cake and 4 more yulelogs.  The night person called to tell me that the snowmen and logs are already SOLD and we will still be open tomorrrow and for 4 hours on Monday.  Now I wish I would have stayed an extra hour and put out 8 extra cakes.

The reason we are opening on Monday for 4 hours is because I know that people simply do not have room in their freezer for dessert.  It is just to give them an opportunity to pick up their cake last minute.  I have to do a bit of inventory tomorrow as well as finish the schedule - so I might as well throw out 4 snowmen cakes.

I am taking the kids out to Native New Yorker tonight for Wings and Pizza and then we will go Neon bowling.  My treat - all they have to do is show up.  Some of them cannot make it so I am just making them a cookie tin or a cookie bag.  Wine bags are great for cookies coz you can stack them in there like a cylinder! 

I am still kind of freaking out that a box of register tape and a double pack of cartridges for the label maker cost me 83 bucks - and all that food cost me 60 bucks.  If anyone out there knows how to hustle Office Max with their rewards program - can you please coach me!

Have a Good Weekend Everyone - and be safe - everyone is driving crazy everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment