Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Sunday, December 10, 2006

10 Dec 2006: 'on a need to know basis..." a Fortoul Gig

...on door charge...

You know this has been on my mind for a couple years - and I'm gonna say it. In the Phoenix Metro Area the door charge is normally 5 bucks. Some nights it is 7 or 10. Where I'm from that ain't jack shit. Where I'm from it's normally 25 at the door and 50 if you are ugly. Tonight I was at the door for part of the night with Laura and Megs. I could not believe that people were actually shocked/indignant/surprised that they had to pay 5 bucks. Oh PLEASE. I happen to be on the guestlist although I never asked to be put on. There are many gigs I go to where I do not ask to be put on the guestlist even though I know it could be done. You know why? Because if you support - you also support the door - just showin' your ass up is not supporting...especially when it is almost always 5 bucks.

People gotta make money - THINK about it, it's their business.

...on Keepin' company with the Fortouls...

so I got ready and left the house...even took a pic for Meesh...

I haven't driven around the downtown area for a minute coz all that construction makes me hella leery. Of course the girls were at the door and we chopped it up for a minute with intermittent socializing and traipsing about. The brickhouse looks a little different now...I dunno. I think the last time I was there Grouch played.

oh James...I see you everywhere. I should really learn to open my eyes.

I'm such a dork.

Sarah, the Megster and I...

Laura, dj Sucio Smash, me and Isaac

This one's for you April...dj Sucio Smash and Me

He's a really cool cat - hella chill, down to earth and on the move. His set was dope - but i'm a funk junkie and that just makes me all happy...

Megster kissin' security...

Me and Bobbito...my plaid --- his plaid...ahhh yes...

...I've said this before and I'll say this again...I genuinely enjoy being around the Fortoul brothers, their "posse" and anyone whom they associate with. They are true gentleman within and without which i just adore. They are also businessmen engulfed in art - which I respect. If it is within my schedule and energy to do it, I am ecstatic to go....

I look forward to any future gigs...big or small. I'm one of your biggest fans boys - and I'm so proud to be the Girl Homie Galore!!!

...on walks to the car...

Thanks Rahshad for walking me to my car coz i'm a bit whino-phobic, and for leading me to the I-10 coz I was a bit loopy tired. You're the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment