Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Friday, December 1, 2006

30 Nov 2006: Her On My Side and Him in My Ear

...on bein' Pooped...

I'm a tired little baby. I've been running around since Sunday with work and going out and what not. But a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. I'm totally okay with being exhausted as long as my hustle is proper...but then Wendy popped me an email and asked me out on a date. Wuuuut.

to see Talib Kweli...huh...

...on Wendy bein' the best date EVER...(sorry L***)...

Yes boys, she is givin' me a nice big kiss. Don't be mad.

So we get to the clubhouse and we're on the guestlist + 1 and the guy's actin' like it's not on there - bwaa hahhaha yah right and he says OOOOH there it is - go ahead girls...Of course we'd done a little "baking" before the event so we were feelin' kinna good...As we walk in - Phat E is on the wheels. Effin' fabulous.

Wendy is a fabulous date that makes sure you not only have your drink but that your drink has extra cherries...and Worm - you were the ONLY meat in the photo sandwhiches all night you lucky man. Worm is so honest...he got real with Wendy and I a few times. But hilarious real. My favorite being,"...if someone weren't attracted to you at least once a day - you would be sad." To which I replied,"shuttit..." He continues,"when are men not attracted to you?" I shrug. He goes ON,"when you are home alone - that's WHEN." Bwaa hahahhaa. So after we got our drinks we walk through the crowd. I'm just kind of floating and in a really good mood. People are kind of talking to me but all I feel is a faint humm in my ear and I kind of like that. I like being oblivious.

So we walk left and I feel a tap on my arm and hear "hey"..Yay it's Rocky...my "brother" from work. Also, our marketing director and one of the dopest people I know. Truly. Wendy is just fabulously thrilled for 3 of us 'Asians' to be socializing, as it is a rarity in the SW. So awesome. So we say hello, hug, goodbye, run. (In talkin' to Rocky today I told him it was rather hairy in there. He told me that he saw us walk - in. And as soon as we walked in dudes were ALL on us . Bwaa haha.)

You know we had these happy huge grins on our face the whole night. Super Fun Fun, how HIGH-LARIOUS to laugh at dudes tryin' to holla in a crowd of 500. We bump into our friends and say our hello's. I'm soo ree ree - I had my cam in my pocket the whole time and I was laggin' on pics last night...oh well, this won't be the last of the terrible twosome.

Uh --- the creepy dude with the rhinestone sneakers need not speak to my date. Uh I dunno. not much game in there...just fish in a barrel. I will say that I got hit on quite a few times and I wasn't very impressed even though I was "pleasant" in that state. More pleasant than if I would have been on espresso's...Wendizzle said there was Bristling, but I din't notice.

x_X

Skip was sweet enough to offer his hoodie coz I was freezing all night...3 nights in a row I've seen this guy about town. Talented Foo...I'm the lucky one...what a gentleman...

Like I said 500 deep in there...

The sound guys balance was a little off on some of the songs and you could overhear the bass versus the mic...but you know...very few noticed

Buckshot did a lot of songs...i don't recollect the 15 year old kids name but he was full of lava and heat and that natural sway of someone comfortable on the stage...apparently everyone recognized him but me.

...scary potty...

I hate going to the bathroom when there are 500 people milling about. And then Wendy went to do her thing with the backpack goods and I was stuck in a line on the 21 side. Then a woman pops out of the bathroom and says I think I was drugged I only had 2 drinks and I'm floored. I said I think you are just a lightweight honey, have a seat. And she sat on the floor. So I brave the bathroom and run out of there - coz rhinestone sneakers is tellin me,"you're friend dont' belieeeve i'm keepin an eye on you..." I'm like huh, uh huh, okay...I retreat to the sofa area - coz I know that like 4 of my friends are there. I'm chatting with everyone and the show is going and the crowd is in a good mood and the beats swell and fade.

...out of the middle of nowhere...

This cat approaches me. He's kind of singing to me,"...can you tell me how to get - how to get to Sesame Street..." I laugh. Because he gets the point of my shirt. He says,"I will be takin a trip down Sesame Street..." I replied, "Mothuhfucka puhleeeeze" Then Wendy comes back and she's to my right and dude is to my left. He's got a great smile and he's even witty. So Wendy slides towards us with her zippy laugh. He introduces himself to Wendy and vice versa. Then he introduces himself to me and says,"Saucy?" I say yes. He repeats,"the Sauce..." I say yup. He says then I'm the teriyaki to your sauce. Bwaaa hahahha. Wendy also laughs enormously. He asks Wendy's heritage and she says guess...He says Korean? I harumphh and say,"She Chinese Foo...he inserted, "and yourself..." I tell him. He loses his mind and says, game over - wrap it up, she's mine. She said oh he's not scared - I like him, then whips out the her camera:

WL says,"Ooooh, so kyooooote..." I look and he looks and we're all laughing agreeing that the pic is nice. Then J***** says, "Take one more." So I lean in and he says,"No...like this."

So then Wendy is ooh-ing and aah-ing. He looks. I look. We laugh. Wendy gives me the gangsta point and says oh he's good, talk to him. And off she goes - to do flyers and such. Of course she told everyone her date was a girl and had boys eyes rollin' to the back of their head talkin' about whaaaat - OMG...it's both of YOU - Ohhhhhhhhh...

...sofa talking...

And like many others. He tells me that I have the best smile he's ever seen. And he actually admits that he saw me when I first walked in and actually sang the sesame street song to me. I told him Shut It, no you did NOT see me because I would have noticed. He said I watched you for a long time, almost the whole night. I said yah right - keep fuckin' around. He goes I'll show you the exact spot you stood while you were waiting for your drink...YOU KNOW WHAT? He walked me over there, adjusted the barstool and put me in the exact spot I stood. YIIIIIIIIKES.

He said a lot without saying anything. Even while other men took my hand while speaking to me, or tried to holla or stare - he didn't even blink. Simply put, he said that he met the girl he wanted to meet when he first saw her, and he was happy. He asked me in this frank smiling manner,"Have you ever seen someone and from the moment you saw them, you wanted to kiss them?" I laughed my ass off and said,"no," with the kung fu no no no finger. He kept on, "c'mon be honest." I said,"Ok. Mos Def or LL Cool J when he was young." hahahaha. He goes there you go. He said that's what I wanted to do to you when I FIRST saw you. I'm like don't get excited J*****...he looked to the side and admitted,"too late..."

Whaaaaaaaaaaat.

So we retreat to the sofa and I kind of trail him while he's walking and when he turns to look for me I seat myself quickly. These 2 guys laughed their ass off and I pointed at him and yelled,"DRUNKIE..." Like I always do to drunks around me. He laughed and sat down. So then he's drillin' me for my real name. After a bit I tell him and he likes it. Then he pulled my own move on me and said give me your phone. I shrug and give it to him...he enters his name and number and says call me, at least email me those pictures of us...I nod. I tell him my number and he's smiling. So he's under his coat and he's calling someone on his phone and he looks at me and says,"don't pick it up, I'm leaving you a voicemail for the morning..." I laugh and say,"J*****, you're a dork." He gets under his coat to leave the message and I kid you not I was laughin' my ASS off.

We talked about everything and nothing. What i DID like was that he could keep up with my verbalistic mischief. It was time to go...He had work in the morning...and we still had an appearance. Hey J*****, I felt your lips brushing across my cheek. How you gonna rub the apples of my cheek as if you needed to whisper in my ear and the music isn't even that loud. Your proximity only indicates desire...After all it was only Phat E playing Deep Rooted after he pointed at me and said, this ones for you Sauce...my friends are so sweet.

Good times. On to the next spot. That is onto the next spot after stoppin' for gas and a treat for our parched asses.

...on Groove Candy...

More likely than not - if you don't have a key you are payin.

Super fun. Great music. Also, the ratio of attractive men in this joint is super high. If you want eye candy on that next level shit - go there. Me and my date danced. Me and my fabulous date had necks crackin'. Me and my date skittered over to see Karlie and say hello. Karlie is vibrant to the core. Don't even make me talk about some of these clowns. We got there fairly late and uh, they were lookin' at Wendy like oh dayuuuum - even after they'd lined up the booty. And NO the dude in the crutches did NOT try to holla at her - but he was uber kyoote and Blasian to boot.

What about the John Legend lookin' foolio in his mock sweater looking like he wanted a Wendy Saucy sandwhich - you wish clown...What about I could hear necks crackin as we waltzed through that Baaatch. What about this is the first time i've ever seen my date dance. What about she knows everyone...What about the Blackapino kid tryin' to talk crazy to us and I told him you were much cuter when you were quiet beeyotch...and THEN I told THAT fool to go home and read a nursery rhyme coz his game is from preschool and shit and did my buddha's palm hand to his ass.

Uh - who doesn't Wendizzle know? Worm hold the Cam still...

Parkin' lot pimps - give that shit a rest...I like how the promoters with the abduction van gave it a rest after I roundhoused the air. Just Bonkers. We did nothing but laugh and talk and smoke and snack and laugh some more all day. If I knew girl dates were better - I would have done this shit long ago. I'm ruined Wendy Lee!!!

...leggy lounging under a leafy sky...

En route to the WL crib I says Wendy I need yucky greasy food - since we've been bad all night let's keep it greasy. hahahha. MY date buys me and herself tacos and onion rings and curly fries and any other damn thing we want - hahahahha. I'm so lucky. We go home and chitter and chatter, brush teeth and get in bed and I'm just happy tired and fall asleep with the sound of chanting and WL's chatting. We didn't stop laughing all night. It was very beautiful to fall asleep to the sound of happy laughing...

..Zzzz Zzzz Zzzz...

Then my phone rings and it's a number I don't recognize. It's 8am damnnit. I laugh and pick it up. It's a very sexy hello. I say hi...he asks,"Are you in bed..." I say yes - with Wendy...He's like Oh Lawd. He apologizes...and strangely I say it's okay...and thank him for his cute voicemail...he laughs and says you sound cute sleepy and kind of sexy. He mentions he'd like to be there all cozy. I tell him not to play with fire - and I find myself falling asleep to his voice. He brings me back and asks for my email address coz he wants to see my page. hahahaha. That ain't right. He's content coz he has something to look at and I tell him I'll text him later from work...he's like ok. That's so not right - handsome man in my ear, while i'm in bed with Miss Gorgeous - WUT.

It was quite the experience to wake up under a leafy green sky crackin' up and ready to attack the day in our own feline manner...

...airport & florentine bomblettes...

It's time for WL to go to the airport coz Grime is comin' back from recording some stuff in NY. I tell her we have time before I bail for work - pick up stuff for omellettes and french toast. She's like no way. I'm like yes way. So she leaves me 2 towels so I can take a shower and I handle. By the time they are back i'm all sparkly. I throw breakfast together and we all sit and eat and catch up and I even have time to listen to part of 1 new joint before I leave. Awesome start to the day. A perfect day.

...and...

and since Grime loves them so much:

Hereafter, I will refer to the french toast I make as G r i m e y T o a s t .

the end. Well not really...

i sense it's the beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment