Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Beijing Beef = Panda Style

Okey Dokey - I made another video - I'm just kind of winging it and fulfilling requests as I go along...I never even ate this before...but here it is - I just went on what mrmassive1 described and what my sister told me.

click here for part 1

click here for part 2


I must say I do not ever want to wait until like 930pm to start doing a cooking video - I was kind of rambling and going on and on and actually lost memory on my cam. That's never happened before - the loss of cam memory - the babbling occasionally happens when I'm tired.

Oh well here is the recipe

Recipe
Ingredients

1 lb beef flank cut into 1/4 inch slices
1 tsp garlic
1 carrot
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 red bellpepper
2 green bellpeppers
1/2 white onion
2 green onions diagonal slice

Beef Marinade
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
3 Tbsp dark soy sauce
2 slivers ginger
1 tsp chili flake
1/4 cup water
1 Tbsp vinegar
1 splash sake or rice wine

1 egg scrambled - set aside
2 cups cornstarch - set aside in flat dish

3-4 cups cooking oil in a wok for frying

*taste and adjust before adding beef, marinade 30-60 minutes

Beijing "Sauce"

1/4 cup water
4 Tbsp sugar
2 squirts ketchup
3 Tbsp vinegar
1/4 tsp chili flakes
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp lemon juice

If you'd like it to be more of that chicken fried style you can cut the cornstarch with all purpose flour 50/50 or use tempura powder. Happy Cooking...

No comments:

Post a Comment