Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Monday, September 12, 2011

Chicken Wings: Lemon Parmesan & Buffalo!

I made another cooking video!
chicken wings! < click here


Some people say that the chicken doesn't matter it's the sauce that matters...in OUR house the chicken does matter because sometimes people just like their wings plain and extra well.

I learned this recipe from Momma In Law...My mom (Mom1) has always made her chicken without any breading or flour - Momma in Law makes hers floured - she not only marinates the chicken but she also seasons the flour and I think it makes a big difference. I must admit that I only measure the ingredients loosely. Feel free to adjust it to taste - some days I put more herbs and some days I put less. Also note that whole wheat flour is not as clingy or thick as all purpose flour - so if you want it to be real crispy style you might dip your chicken in buttermilk and then use all purpose flour.

Have fun, be safe and be careful frying is dangerous!

2 lbs chicken wings

chicken seasoning
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp creole seasoning
1 tsp oregano
4 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp lemon pepper

marinate 1 hr or up to overnight


flour base
ziploc bag
handful cornflour
2 cups all purpose flour
3 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp garlic powder
4 shakes paprika
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp basil
1 tbsp chili powder
4 tbsp dried parsley

6 cups corn or vegetable oil for frying

---

"buffalo sauce"
4 Tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp sri ra cha (aka rooster sauce)
5 tablespoons hot sauce
pinch of salt - or to taste

optional
3 tbsp honey
1 tsp molasses
1 tbsp whiskey or bourbon

"lemon parmesan garlic sauce"
1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
1 tbsp fresh garlic
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
PLUS sprinkle parmesan before serving
1 tsp red chili flake

optional
1 tbsp tequila
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp lemon pepper
---
Please just taste them before you drop your wings in there - adjust it as strong or as mild as you like...this is just to show you the method for preparing and serving barstyle wings in your home.



IF YOU'D LIKE ADDITIONAL FLAVORINGS LET ME KNOW - I CAN PULL SOMETHING OUT OF THIS BRAIN OF MINE :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh man that looks very good chef. Doesn't help I am trying to lose weight lol. Great pictures and recipes.

    ReplyDelete