Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Sunday, September 18, 2011

SPAM with Zuchinni: Ghetto Gourmet lol


SPAM is magical. I like it I have no problem with it, it's handy and I like that salty faux ham goodness. This is a dish my Mom used to always make for us because no matter what she would always sneak in a few vegetables in our meals.

click here for the video

Almost everyone I know prepping and otherwise has a can of spam or non brand spam in their cupboard - here is just one more way to make it.

Ingredients:


1 can spam
1 tbsp garlic
1/2 white onion
1 tbsp lemon pepper
2 small tomatoes
2 large zuchinni
3 tbsp oyster sauce
1/4 cup water
2 handfuls spinach
1 tsp sesame oil

cut and fry spam
chop onion garlic tomato zuchinni
remove spam when crispy and cut into cubes
saute garlic and onion in 3 tbsp oil and lemon pepper
add zuchinni and tomatoes
when half done add oyster sauce
add spam and stir thoroughly
add spinach, once wilted , the dish is done.

5 comments:

  1. I Love SPAM love love love it. Hmm now I need to get my hands on oyster sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol so do we! some guy left me a comment and said that is ghetto no thanks...i didnt have the heart to tell him it isn't as ghetto as his face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always liked it to, to us growing up it was a treat, somehting we didn't get very often. Now my hubby is the oppisite they had it lots and he doesn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. k, so like he just insulted most Hawaiians.
    NP, 'cause they way our economy is going allot more people will be living like their "ghetto" whether they choose to or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Sara - I would eat it anytime not just in a pinch...

    @ Pele - I know right..besides spam is like more than 3 bucks a can these days - it's HARDLY ghetto anymore!

    ReplyDelete