Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Friday, September 16, 2011

Wheat Bread by Hand!


Hello!

I made a video for the wheat bread.

click here for part 1
click here for part 2


I know in a previous blog I mentioned that we started making our own bread. Well no sooner had I made those 2 loaves of white - 1 of them was gone. So today I made some wheat. Our whole wheat flour is out and I don't really feel like grinding any. Also - if you BUY 25 lbs of ground bread flour or wheat flour it is only 8 bucks which is riduculous because hard white wheat berries are now like 14 bucks for 25lbs and hard red wheat is like 12 bucks for the same 25 lbs. I have just taken the bread flour and broken it down into smaller jars and frozen them overnight individually to kill any buggies.

I tell you what - Mr. Man is so happy to be eating fresh made bread - he can honestly taste hidden high fructose syrup in things - and he can also taste when the vegetables are not organic but that's another story about NYC. lol. My one brother that lives in town hasn't caught wind of the new bread recipes yet - but once he does I have a feeling I'm going to have to start making 6-8 loaves a week. Oh well.

Recipe

2 .25oz pkgs active yeast
4 1/2 cups warm water (110F) divided
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp salt
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup oat bran
2 cups oatmeal
4 cups whole wheat
4 cups bread flour
1/2 cup hulled sunflower seeds

3 2.5lb loaf pans greased (with cooking spray)
stainless steel bowl or mixer
spatula

1) dissolve yeast in 1/2 water with sugar - leave to foam
2) dissolve oil, honey, salt, germ, bran and oats into water, add to yeast
3) add bread flour and whole wheat flour 1/2 at a time
4) knead and double
5) punch and double again
6) punch and place in loaf pans, brush with egg and spinkle toppings
7) allow to rise 2 inches past pan lip
8) Bake @ 375 for 40 minutes or until done

No comments:

Post a Comment