Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Contact Me By Clicking "view my complete profile"

Friday, August 24, 2007

24 Aug 2007: Asian Vacation Day 5 and 6

Asian Vacation Day 5...

---

Asian Vacation Day 5 is Momma Rita's Birthday. Happy Birthday Momma Rita!!! We love you.

---

We just went out for lunch and to hang out in Makati...We are getting a little sleepy lately with the commuting and the humidity.

You gotta love honking traffic and taxis and big crumbly buildings...They have billboards here but a more common thing is painted buildings...

I just love the craziness. Uncle Junior dropped us off at Glorietta Mall in Makati...and we just looked around. Jeez - everything here is hecka small. My shirts are normally Medium or Large. The shirts here are like "one size" and even the PANTIES are "one size"...well who the hells size is that? Bwaa hahahha. I ain't wearin' no panties on my head coz that's the only place they'd fit. Bwaaa hahahahhaha.

I did pick up some things for the girls. Julian found a cappucino colored kung fu suit and a Versace Tie. I almost got caught up in a pink shirt - I felt like I was in a cute straightjacket...I love that store I was in too, it's called Sari Sari Store...Oh Well...

I damn near got in a fight with 2 girls while we were in line for a cab...First of all nobody rolls their eyes at My mother, or my family or me and Julian as a couple. I went off and Julian was waiting for me to sock those hoes in the back of their skulls. Their lucky asses put their heads down where they belong. Keep it tucked in you nickel hoes. Mom and Julian laughed their asses off and said oh she has such a temper...I don't give a hot damn - especially here. Mess around and I'll throw you in the street. It is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE for me to be arrested in this country. Bwaa hahahhah

So we headed home and had dueling taxi's. Mom's taxi had a crazy short cab driver...Homie was like 4'6 and he was grinding the gears daaaaaang...

I'm sure Julian will blog about the Hello Sir, Good Day Sir, How are you Sir - Hi Ma'am phenomenon. Bwaa hahahaha --- But it's great to be on the move

Everyday is so fun - even if we just tilt back some beers at the pool and laugh. Every morning we wake up and look out the window of our room and all you see is rows of palm trees waving in the wind. We go downstairs and breakfast is ready and fresh squeezed lime juice and then we decide what we should do for the day. We reach for each other's hand and just laugh and walk through crowds trying things and Mom is so happy.

Julian has made a wonderful impression on everyone and he has even made a NEW impression on me with his flexibility and sense of adventure.

Asian Vacation Day 6...

We smeared out to the country so we could pick a real sweet jackfruit that could be sweetened into preserves and I could take home a couple gallons. I have to bring some home for Gya and Wendy...My fruit and foody girls!

Julian went to play golf at Riviera Country Club...

They played pairs with some Korean cats...

And there's a caddy for every single one...

It's a world played course designed by an English pro player...and Julian said it's right up there with Pebble Beach in difficulty. He told me and Uncle Papa that he will come back next year because he owes the course something...

Tito Bong at the start of the Back 9

the 18th joint...You can see this from the Tee Bar in the clubhouse...

Mom and Tita Mama gettin' the jackfruit peeled and ready for transport! I really enjoy my time at the little cottage. Taking a steamy bath, reading magazines, walkin' around the property, playin' with the strays and giving the local kids chocolates - the LOOK on their faces as they eat chocolate is simply exquisite. Some of the little kiddos are so fascinated with Julian and they peek out at him from behind trees with shy curiosity - hella cute.

Mom says they never had candy much less American treats before she bought that property. Mom makes such a positive impact on everyone around her - not giving them handouts but rather giving them a chance to have a livelihood by fronting the startup money. I've seen people thank Mom with tears in their eyes saying what mom has done and their appreciation for her cannot be expressed with words. It is genuine and touching. They even thank me - and I say,"I haven't done a thing...I'm just here..."

Don't get it twisted. We seem to be in the country but we are Urban Filipinos. I come from a long and strong posse of engineers, doctors, dentists, architects, entrepreneurs and real estate players. The countryside is for respite. There are parts of the Philippines that are poor - but they aren't the parts we frollick in.

We handle ours: internationally.

Holla.

No comments:

Post a Comment